The Promote Control from Promote Systems is an easy to use, advanced remote control unit providing flexible bracketing (for High Dynamic Range photography), extended bulb and customisable time-lapse, and focus stacking modes not possible using in-camera control. I have been using a Promote Control for several months for HDR bracketing and experimentation with time-lapse photography. I love the control and flexibility it gives for these applications. Features include:
- Automatic bracketing for up to 45 shots in a row
- Up to 9.0EV steps between bracketed exposures
- Automatic Bulb mode bracketing
- Programmable Focus Stacking sequences (Canon only)
- Time-Lapse with optional exposure bracketing for HDR Time-Lapse
- Pocket-sized alternative to laptop-based camera remote control solutions
As an owner of Canon cameras (EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 50D) that have very limited bracketing capabilities, I can highly recommend this remote control unit. Owners of other camera brands will appreciate many of the other advanced features built into the Promote Control.